Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon and the richest man in the world, decided to get divorce with his wife, Mackenzie Bezos. This has brought to mind the most expensive divorces in history.
Compensation where Rupert Murdoch, Mel Gibson and Alec Wildenstein paid millions of dollars of, were the most expensive divorce cases.
9. Bob Johnson and Sheila Crump Johnson 2002 – $ 400 million compensation
Bob Johnson and Sheila Johnson stayed married for 33 years. They founded Black Entertainment Television. Sheila Johnson got $ 400 million when she divorced her husband. Sheila Johnson later married the president of the court in the divorce case.
8. Mel Gibson and Robyn Moore 2006 – $ 425 million compensation
Actor Mel Gibson paid nearly half a billion dollars in compensation when he divorced Robyn Moore. Thus this divorce was the most expensive divorce in Hollywood history. The amount paid was half the assets of the famous actor at that time.
7. Craig McCaw and Wendy McCaw 1997 – $ 460 million compensation
The pioneer name of the mobile phone industry and the newspaper founder Wendy McCaw divorced in 1997. The price of the divorce was $ 460 million.
6. Dmitry Rybolovlev and Elena Rybolovlev 2014 – $ 604 million compensation
Elena Rybolovleva appealed to the court for divorce and said that she had been deceived as grounds for divorce. The court decided to pay $ 4.5 billion to the businessman’s wife, but reduced it to $ 604 million after the Supreme Court.
5. Harold Hamm and Sue Ann Arnall 2012 – $ 975 million compensation
The oil-rich Harold Hamm paid a $ 974.8 million indemnity to Sue Ann Arnall at the end of the years-long divorce case.
4. Steve and Elaine Wynn 2010 – $ 1 billion compensation
In Las Vegas, the casino king Steve Wynn married Elaine Wynn twice. Between 1963 and 1986, married between 1991 and 2010, the couple’s divorce is one billion dollars.
3. Bernie Ecclestone and Slavica Radić 2009 – $ 1.2 billion compensation
Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone paid $ 1.2 billion to his wife as he divorced from Croatian model Slavica Radić in 2009.
2. Rupert Murdoch and Anna Torv 1999 – $ 1.7 billion compensation
Media boss Rupert Murdoch and journalist Maria Torv have three children during their 31-year marriage. Maria Torv received $ 1.7 billion in compensation during her divorce. Murdoch married Wendi Deng 17 days after his divorce, and Torv married William Mann six months after her divorce.
1. Alec Wildenstein and Jocelyn Wildenstein 1999 – $ 3.8 billion compensation
American businessman Alec Wildenstein and Jocelyn Wildenstein divorced after 21 years of marriage.Jocelyn Wildenstein received $ 2.5 billion in cash, and in the next 13 years, she received $ 100 million for each year, earning a total of $ 3.8 billion.